- 1 Centre Cut Beef Tenderloin Roast (2 pounds)
- 1 T. Glasses & Grapes Italian Herb or Shallot & Garlic Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbs. butter (divided)
- 1/3 C. minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 C. Glasses & Grapes Traditional Dark Balsamic
- 1C. dry red wine
- 1 C. 100% cranberry juice blend
- 3/4 C. beef broth
- 1 t. fresh thyme (chopped)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large skillet, brown beef in butter on all sides over medium high heat. Transfer beef to a greased shallow roasting pan; season with salt and pepper. Set aside skillet with drippings. Bake roast for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness ( for medium rare, a meat thermometer should read 145; medium, 160; well done 170). Meanwhile, in reserved skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir for 20 seconds.
Stir in wine; increase heat to high. Add Balsamic Vinegar, cranberry juice, broth and thyme; bring to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; whisk in Italian Herb Olive Oil or Shallot Olive Oil.
Strain sauce. Slice beef and serve with sauce.