- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, such as Gala or Granny Smith, unpeeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Glasses & Grapes Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup plumped figs
- 1 French baguette thinly sliced into 26 (1/4 to 1/2-inch thick) slices
- Glasses & Grapes Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 3 ounces creamy Goat cheese, slightly softened
In a high-sided skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, apple slices, salt, and pepper. Cook until the onions and apple slices begin to soften, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Stir in dried cranberries and plumped figs, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar, stirring frequently until mixture is thickened and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Place an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with oil and bake until lightly golden, 5-7 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread with Goat cheese. Spoon the caramelized fig mixture on top of the cheese, and serve.