- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp Glasses & Grapes Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Glasses & Grapes Italian Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 16 – 20-inch-long baguette
- 2 slices provolone cheese, (about 2 ounces), halved
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup Mild Giardiniera
Place onion rings in a small bowl and add cold water to cover. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Combine artichoke hearts, tomato, Glasses & Grapes Balsamic Vinegar, Glasses & Grapes Italiano Dipping Extra-Virgin Olive Oil in a medium bowl. Cut baguette into 4 equal lengths. Split each piece horizontally and pull out about half of the soft bread from each side. Drain the onions and pat dry.
To assemble sandwiches, divide provolone among the bottom pieces of baguette. Spread on the artichoke mixture and top with the onion, lettuce and Mild Giardiniera