- 4 – 4 oz fillets of fresh fish such as halibut, tuna, salmon, tilapia or cod
- 1 1/2 cups assorted heirloom tomatoes cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup assorted baby squash cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 tbsp fresh coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Glasses & Grapes Traditional Balsamic
- 2 + 1 tablespoons Glasses & Grapes House Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Place a heavy saute or grill pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan along with the sliced shallot and squash. Saute for two minutes until the squash is just slightly caramelized on the edges but still nicely firm to the bite.
Remove to a bowl and add the tomatoes, Traditional Balsamic, an additional tablespoon of olive oil, and the chopped parsley – set aside.
Rub the fillets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season evenly with salt and pepper. To the same pan, add the fillets and sear until just cooked through.
Place a warm fillet on a plate and ladle a scoop of the tomato-squash salad along with any juices over the fillet and serve. Each fillet can also be placed over pasta, rice, risotto or quinoa and then topped with the warm tomato-squash salad. Serves 4.