BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Glasses & Grapes Chipotle Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup small diced red onion
- 1 tbsp sliced garlic
- 1 cup Glasses & Grapes Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Glasses & Grapes Smoked Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
BBQ Sauce Preparation:
Set a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat and add Chipotle Olive Oil. Add the red onion and garlic and sauté until the onions are lightly caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and brown sugar to the pan and bring to a boil. Continue to cook until the vinegar is nearly completely reduced (this will not take long)!
Add the red wine and reduce by half. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the rosemary and puree using an immersion blender. Use immediately or store in an airtight plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.