- 5-6 pound chuck roast
- 12 cloves garlic sliced in half
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Glasses & Grapes Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups beef stock or broth
- Pickled, roasted or grilled vegetables (as a topping)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut 24 slits in all sides of the roast and insert garlic slivers into each slit. Liberally slather the roast with Tuscan Herb EVOO and coat with a blend of dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Place the roast onto a rack set in a roasting pan.
Roast at 425 F. in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, and then add the beef stock to the roasting pan. Cover the roast with foil and reduce the heat to 300 F. Slow roast for an additional 3 hours covered with foil.
Serve the warm sliced meat, dunked into the seasoned roasting broth, on sturdy rolls with pickled vegetables and/or peppers and a drizzle of the Tuscan Herb EVOO to finish.