Beef Tenderloin with Balsamic Wine Sauce
Leave your guests in awe with this tender, flavourful cut of beef. The recipe makes plenty of au jus for serving.
1 centre cut beef tenderloin roast (aprox. 2 pounds)
1 Glasses & Grapes Roasted Garlic EVOO
2 tbsp butter, divided
1/3 cup minced shallots
1/2 cup Glasses & Grapes Traditional Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup dry red wine
1 cup 100% cranberry juice
3/4 cup beef broth
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat tbsp of EVOO a large skillet, pat beef dry with paper towel, rub with salt and sear on all sides over medium-high heat.
3. Transfer beef to a shallow roasting pan with a rack; season with pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
5. Meanwhile, in reserved skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat, add shallots; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir for 20 seconds.
6. Stir in wine; increase heat to medium-high, add balsamic vinegar, cranberry juice, broth and thyme; bring to a good simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
7. Reduce heat to medium; whisk in EVOO, strain sauce.
Allow beef to rest under loose foil tent, slice and serve with sauce.