One-Pot Creamy Chicken Florentine
This dreamy one-pot chicken and pasta dish is easy to make, and a comforting meal the whole family can indulge in. Velvety cream and sharp Parmesan cheese come together to give every bite a rich texture while the umami goodness of mushrooms lends it earthy depth. Best of all, it can be easily adapted to your liking—swap in broccoli instead of spinach or add in onion if you want. A simple supper you can make the way you like it, yes please.
4 chicken breasts, cut into one inch pieces
1 Tbsp Glasses & Grapes Butter EVOO
1 Tbsp Glasses & Grapes Fresh Garlic EVOO
1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms - your choice
1 Tbsp of Porcini Umami Rub - available at Glasses & Grapes
2 cups of chicken broth
1-1/2 cups of whole milk or 15% cooking cream
1 package of Al Dente Fettuccini
2 cups fresh baby spinach (if using frozen, drean really well)
1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
1. In a large, straight-sided skillet over medium high heat add the butter and cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through (note: this recipe will not work in a pot as letting the water evaporate is critical!).
2. Add the olive oil and cook the garlic and mushrooms until tender.
3. Add the Porcini Rub and bloom for a few seconds
3. Slowly add the chicken broth and milk, and whisk until well blended.
4. Add the pasta and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
5. Remove from the heat and add the parmesan cheese and spinach, and stir until the spinach starts to wilt.
6. Garnish with more parmesan cheese.