Pear, Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Pizza
Using sweet pears as a pizza topping, alongside punchy Gorgonzola cheese, crème fraîche and balsamic vinegar is a delicious appetiser or dinner idea with a difference.
Pre-made pizza dough, risen to triple size
1 1/2 tbsp Glasses & Grapes House Blend EVOO
All purpose flour, for dusting
1/4 cup + 2tbsp crème fraîche
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
8 slices prosciutto
2 pears, cored and sliced
125g Gorgonzola, rind discarded, cut into small pieces
4 tsp Glasses & Grapes Mission Fig or Traditional Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil pizza stone.
2. Dust pizza dough with flour and roll to fit baking sheet or pizza stone.
3. Mix the crème fraîche with 40g Parmesan and season with black pepper.
4. Spoon onto the pizza bases and top with the prosciutto, pears and Gorgonzola. Season with black pepper and drizzle with the oil then cook in the oven for 15-20 mins, until golden, risen and melted.
5. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.