Balsamic and Olive Oil Pot Roast
If you love chuck roast recipes that are different from the one you’ve made in the past and love the ease of slow cooker and crock pot recipes, then I think this is one slow cooker beef recipe that you are truly going to love, too!
Full of flavour, but not in a way that is overpowering by any means, this balsamic roast beef recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or a slow Sunday supper.
Glasses & Grapes House Blend EVOO
1 1/2 lb. boneless chuck roast, trimmed
Freshly ground black pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, cut into large chunks
1/4 cup Glasses & Grapes Traditional Dark or Tuscan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 carrots, peeled and cut to carrot stick size
3 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut large chunks
5 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cups dry red wine
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large sauté pan over high heat, warm 1 tablespoon EVOO.
2. Dry meat with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper all over. Sear on all sides until a deep golden crust forms, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer meat to the slow cooker bowl.
3. Return pan to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon oil. Sauté garlic and onions for 2 minutes.
4. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar. Simmer on low until slightly reduced. Scrape bottom with a wooden spoon to remove all bits of meat. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Pour mixture over meat in slow cooker.
5. Add carrots, potatoes, thyme, bay leaf, chicken stock and red wine. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove bay leaf and thyme branches. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.