Salted Peppercorn Steak Sauce
A steakhouse classic and one of my favourite steak sauces – a creamy sauce made with brandy or cognac, beef broth, cream and plenty of Kanel Salted Peppercorns
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 shallots, finely chopped,
1/4 cup of brandy or cognac
1 cup of beef stock
3/4 cup of heavy cream
3 Tbsp of Kanel Fresh Salted Peppercorns
3 Tsp cornstarch
1. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the butter and shallots (ideally, use a pan that you just cooked steak in!)
2. Once the shallots are softened, add the brandy or cognac and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes.
3. Add the stock, cream, and Salted Peppercorns.
4. Simmer gently for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Meanwhile, make a slurry by mixing the cornstarch with a bit of water.
6. Thicken the sauce by pouring some of the slurry in and quickly incorporate it in with a spoon. Add more until the sauce has thickened to your preference, and serve immediately.